This Friday is our first pre-Open event starting at 5:00 p.m., and we are hoping to see everyone there. Remember that this is a free event, open to all our CrossFit members regardless of what payment plan they are on. Please RSVP to Dana@inthecave.com so we can prepare for your attendance!
A few questions have come up since our original announcement:
- Do I need to register? No, but we’d love to get an accurate count of who is attending. Again, please email Dana@inthecave.com if you plan on coming.
- Should I work out that morning? No, but if you want to come in and stretch, mobilize, or do some WOD recovery yoga, we’d love to have you.
Below is the original description of our pre-Open event in case you need a refresher. The coaching staff is extremely excited for this, and we are hoping to see as many of our athletes there as possible. If you have any other questions, please let me know by e-mailing email@example.com.
The 2016 Reebok CrossFit Games Open is just around the corner! Many in our community mark the event as a fitness goal, and we want to do everything possible to help them achieve those goals. Once each month in October, November, December, and January, we will get together for a movement clinic and an Open-style workout. The first one happens thisFriday, October 23 at 5:00 p.m. in place of our normal class schedule.
Here’s our plan:
- Build each month’s session around movements that were featured in previous Opens—think snatch, pull-up, toes-to-bar, muscle-up, rowing, etc.
- Warm up together, outline a mobility strategy, spend around 30 minutes practicing technique, and draft homework to help progress.
- Finish with a past Open workout (or a scarily similar one)—run in heats, with movement standards and partner judging.
Each gathering will last about 90 minutes, depending on the number of workout heats. Timelines are flexible so that we can answer questions and help as many athletes as possible.
Please plan to participate in our first event on Friday, October 23 at 5:00 p.m. We’re kicking it off with the snatch and split jerk.
We hope to see everyone there!